1) An overview on East European Jewish instrumental music (klezmer):
- understanding the word "klezmer"
- a description of the musicians and their lives
- the repertoire of the klezmorim
- the differences between "European" and "American" klezmer music
2) A lecture/demonstration of the klezmer violin focusing on its style, ornamentation and repertoire.
3) A lecture/demonstration comparing the original klezmer compositions of Steven Greenman to those from the existing klezmer repertoire.
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 10th, 2019, 3pm
Case Western Reserve University - Harkness Chapel
Cleveland, Ohio 44106